Saturday, September 24, 2011

Camping!

Dave took Charlie camping with my family up at the campsite we've gone to since I was little.  Charlie insisted upon getting in his whole cowboy gear-hat, boots, shirt, belt, and sheriff star.  He sat in the car all buckled in for 30 minutes while Dave loaded up the truck...he was so excited!!  I stayed home with Ben because he has not been the best sleeper recently and I didn't want to have a crying kid waking up everyone else in the middle of the night.  It was fun to have Ben to myself for a couple of days.




Here he is all buckled in and ready to go!















 About to pull out of the driveway.  He yells back, " Don't worry mom, we'll be back soon" I was a teary mess watching my boys go off, but I knew they were going to have fun!




 This is the meadow below the property....so pretty!  I love it up there!



 one of the perks is the kids can ride in the back of the truck without carseats....they loved it!




I guess there was some work that needed to be done on the property with clearing trees and making firewood.  So when the kids were squirrely or it was too early in the morning they would come down and work on rolling the logs down the big hill on the left and pick up or roll the logs to the truck.

 Here's my big boy with his log!  "Hey Paul....Paul Bunyan"  he just needs his big blue ox babe!



 Another shot with the kids in the truck




 Attempting to fish



 Here is the pond...ahhh...next summer I'm coming too!



 Dave and Charlie

Charlie and Laney

No comments: