Monday, August 31, 2015

August 2015

 Hello last two weeks of summer!  Can't believe how fast it's gone by!

 

 
 The kids did great on the drive home from Gam-Gam and Papa's house.  On our way home we stopped off at the Ghiradelli Factory.  It's right off the freeway and was a nice little sweet treat about 2 hours from home.
 
 
 
 
 We celebrated Ben's birthday a month late because it was too crazy around his birthday to get everyone together.  He requested a LEGO party!  This was a really fun party to put together and the birthday boy approved of everything! 
LEGO doors:  Plastic table cloths and matching colored paper plates from the dollar store - score!
 
 
 Pops, Mops and Uncle Ed in the kitchen.
 
 
 Benny LOVES nachos, so we had a nacho bar.
 
 
 Before we ate we took everyone down to the park and did a piñata.  It was a first for our family....it certainly won't be the last!  The kids had a blast!
 
 
 I totally forgot about a blindfold....so we used the vest from the 3 Musketeers costume...it worked.
 Here is Ben, first at the piñata.
 
 True couldn't stop giggling!  It was so cute!
 
 
 
 I made LEGO jello to go with the nachos.  The kids were NUTS over them.  They were good and a labor of love. 
 I personalized all the plates with different faces...here are a few
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Charlie built this silverware caddy
 
 
 
 Getting ready to sing "Happy Birthday"
 

 
He was so excited!  Cannot believe this sweet boy is 5!  Ben is the kindest, most considerate, loving, sweet and crazy funny little boy.  He makes us laugh ALL the time.  Love him so much!!!!
 
 
 
 
First Day of School:
 
How is my sweet Ben going to kindergarten???!!!  He is so excited to go to school and I know he's going to do great.
 

 

 
 
Charlie is going in to 2nd grade!?!?!  These years really are flying by. 
 
Charlie informed me that he, Ben and Joe are all going to be police officers and for lunch they are going to eat at Taco Bell every day.
 

 

 
 True had to join in too.  He even grabbed his backpack (It's almost as big as him).
 
 
 
 Ben is just about to go in, he's leaning against the wall with the leg bent.
 
 
 
After school pic:  He was really happy and couldn't wait to show me all his stuff.  He was wondering why I was taking his picture.
 
 
 
Our Weekend with Corduroy:
 Ben was the first one to take home Corduroy.  When we walked in the door Corduroy took a 30 minute spin on the hottest setting in the dryer (just for good measure).  Ben slept with him that night and the next day I made pancakes for breakfast.
 This was hilarious!!!!  Ben was wondering why Corduroy wasn't eating his pancake and Dave convinced all three of them that they needed to put their heads under the table and count to 3.  After they would count and come up, there would be a piece "bitten" out of Corduroy's pancake.  They never figured it out and it was so cute.  Look at Ben's expression it was awesome.  I love having kids and making fun memories like this.
 
 
 
 
 While I was cleaning up breakfast the boys decided they wanted to go on a bike ride.  The only problem is we didn't have a helmet for Corduroy.  Have no fear, my engineer husband is here...with a paper plate, string, staples and stickers.  It worked great and Ben thought it was really neat.
 
 
 
On their way home from their bike ride they stopped off at a park.  Look at the monkeys!
 
Corduroy joined  us for worship services.  He had to have a tie so he'd look like a "gentlebear".  Corduroy was very quiet and good.
 
 
 
 
 
 
True is my cute little helper.  He's carrying the freshly made dough to the sunroom to rise.
 
 
Dave's Birthday:
 So you should know that my husband doesn't make wish lists.  Even if I ask him what he wants he doesn't tell me.  Partly because he doesn't know what he wants and partly because he likes to be surprised.  (It is true opposites attract-I hate surprises and I love making wish lists because then I know I'm going to get something I like.)  So I kind of dread his birthday and father's day because I have to really be on my A-game all year and write things down that he says he likes so I'll remember when it comes June and August.  So back to the photo....Here is Dave getting ready to open his birthday present.
 The boys were dying to help...

 
 It's a....
 Disc Golf Goal.  He actually never said he wanted one, but he does like to disc golf and I thought it would be a fun thing to have in the backyard to play with.
 
He was surprised and as far as I know he liked/s it!  SCORE!!!
 
 
 Here we are trying it out for the first time
 It was really fun!
 Do you like all our dead grass....hello drought!
 That's my man!  Love him so much! 
Happy 39th Dave!
 
 It's not a Dave birthday unless there's Funfetti cake.
 It was a group effort this year!
 
 
 
 To celebrate Dave's birthday he decided he wanted to go play golf and arcade games....it's a family favorite place of ours.  Look at my cute little golfers
 
 
 
 
 Love their facial expressions in these two pics
 
 
 
 Oh True!  You are too funny!
 
The boys are playing a star wars game...they loved it!
 
 
 
 
 
Here we are trying out Rita's Frozen Custard....it was really good!
 
 
 
 
It's soccer season.  Charlie has been begging to play soccer since last year, so we signed him up.  This was the seeding tournament. 
 They are the Golden Knights
 Charlie is #9.
 Good ready position buddy.
 Getting ready for the scrimmage to start.
 Charlie playing goalie...by far the most stressful position for a parent!
 
 
 
 
Agriculture Museum in Woodland
This is the new courthouse in downtown Woodland.  We were taking a walk while we were waiting for our pizza to be ready.
 
 We took the boys to the Agriculture Museum in Woodland.  It was full of tractors and old cars.  It was a fun place to take the boys.
 They had corn for the kids to play in....always a favorite.  Not so much my favorite because I always find in the laundry for the next week!
 

No comments: