Saturday, August 1, 2015

July 2015 (Part 1 of 2)

July 4th
Just imagine 7:30am and John Philip Sousa's marches playing in the back round and 3 little boys with their instruments and their daddy with his brass instrument.
 
 Charlie putting his Christmas present to good use this 4th.  I love the white gloves!
 
 
 
 I think True might be the singer of the family. 
 
 
 
 Ben with hat and the cymbals=awesome!
 
 
 Marching around the great room!
 
 Such great memories!
 
 So cute!
 
 Getting a little trumpet lesson from daddy.
 
 
 ...more marching and playing....
 
 
 Look at those blue eyes!
 "How do I get this thing on?"
 
 
 
 
 
 I think it's hilarious that True is moving the microphone stands in the back of this picture...how is he carrying that and maneuvering it??
 
 Ben and I
 
 
 Cute True!
 
 
 
 
That evening we went to Uncle Ed and Aunt Kristen's house to celebrate.  The kids swam, we ate, then it was fireworks time.  True was not enjoying the fireworks, so he stayed inside and watched through the windows.
 
 
 
 Cole and True
 
 
 The whole gang!
 
 
 Sparklers
 Ben was nervous, but he was brave.
 
 
 Drew showing the boys what to do
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Such a fun night!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ben's Birthday.  How is this sweet boy 5?!?!?!  It was a very merry lego birthday for Ben this year.
 A Ninjago lego set from Dave and I
 
 
 A new play gun from Charlie
 
 Bullets for the nerf machine guns from True
 
 
 He was happy!
 
 
 
 So we set up a deal with Charlie that when he was 5 he could have gum.  (I can't stand it when little kids ask for gum.)  So we did the same deal with Ben.  Here he is with his first piece of gum.
 
 
 
 Chewing away and doing a great job of not swallowing it!  He's hooked.  How sweet is it that Charlie is so excited for his brother to have gum.
 
 
 
 Starting the lego sets!
 


We went to Raley's to pick out his cake.  He decided his cake needed to be safe in the car, so he put a seat belt around it.

 
 Ben picked a chocolate cake this year.
 
 Big brown-eyed boy!
 Love those Benny expressions!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 A lazy summer day at the Sanderson house. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Charlie's Birthday...how is it this smart, funny boy is 7?!?!?  7 seems so old...it's so/too close to 10.  The years really are flying by.  I miss my little Charlie boy, but Dave and I are really loving watching him grow and becoming a pretty great kid!
 His Dascenzi aunts (and families) all went in on this lego set he's been asking for.  He was so excited!!!
 
 
 Charlie decided on rainbow sherbet  in a waffle cone.   It looks like it's on fire, but the candles are just all around the ice cream :)
 
 
 He can hardly wait to get into his 3 scoops!
 
 
 
 As apart of Charlie's 7th birthday he got to take a ride on Dave's motorcycle.  To say he was excited would be an understatement!
 All ready to go.  They are happy, meanwhile I'm praying for God to keep them safe.


 This is how True felt about not getting to ride too. 
He started crossing his arms a couple of months ago and he usually gives a little, "hmph" with it-little stinker.  When he did it for the first time, Ben looked at me with the most surprised look and said, "Momma did you see that, 'Tuman' crossed his arms and we didn't even teach him that!"  He was so proud.  It was so, so funny!



 First time around the neighborhood complete.


 He had a good time, I was happy to have him back on the ground.  Dave said he enjoyed it a little too much.
 
 
 
 summer fun with our new jump ropes.  Charlie mentioned that he liked to jump ropes.  I found the ones they have at the schools at Walmart for a good price.  14ft for less than $10 and two smaller ones maybe 6 and 8 feet for $2 and $3.  I love that the can hear the rope hit the ground so they can get their rhythm.  We've had a lot of fun with them this summer. 


 Their completed lego sets!

 I found out this boy likes to dip graham crackers in milk.  One of my favorite special snacks too.


 Charlie was given some new church shoes and they are so nice...they look like adult shoes.  He was not happy about wearing them.  But they look so nice on this handsome boy!


 More summer fun!



 My sugar snap peas from the garden.  They were so good.  The boys would be outside playing and want a snack.  They'd walk over and pick the pods right off the plant and eat them.  So great!

Our first bush bean harvest.  Yum, yum, yum!




Our dear friends were in town and joined us for dessert and catching up.
 I made sugar cookie cups with fresh berries and cool whip - they were good!



 Look at these cute boys!


Jumping time!
 
 
 
Dave went to Israel for work so the boys and I stayed at my parent's house for the 10 days he was gone.  We missed him terribly, but the change of scenery and being at their house sure helped the week and half go by quickly and the kids ALWAYS have a blast at Gam-Gam and Papa's house.
 
 My trip overlapped with Jenny's so it was extra fun spending lots of time with cousins.
 Delaney, Maggie, Charlie and Emily playing out in the from yard.
 Aunt Jeejee playing basketball with True and Rachel
 
 
 
 
We drove up to Kate and Ryan's apartment for dinner and hanging out.  It was memorable!  Look at those cute kids and fun aunt and uncle!  I love my family!
 
 
Here is what Kate posted on facebook about our visit:
Favorite quotes, ♦ "This house is not a big one" ♦ "Why do you only have one bathroom?" ♦ "No! No! You are a liar liar pants on fire" (said completely straight faced and exasperated) ♦ Also loved the epic arm wrestling and thumb war competitions between the kids. Missing all the other KY and FL nieces and nephews!
 
 
NEVER A DULL MOMENT!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Last visit with Poppy at his house.
 
We went to visit our Poppy before he moves to his new apartment.  We are going to miss visiting his house and backyard, but we sure are blessed to have such a wonderful guy for a Papa and Poppy!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: