One more picture of the kids at Kate and Ryan's. I had never seen their wedding video. The kids enjoyed watching themselves on the video.
Aunt Kate is so fun!
Beach day with cousins:
Charlie LOVES, LOVES, LOVES the beach! Charlie is in the orange swim shirt and more reserved and cautious Ben is in the reddish shirt.
Joe and True eating lunch.
True just comes for the company and food...I don't blame him one bit!
SAND!
Sandman
Here the boys are at Mamaw and Papaw's house. They like to play with their "old people" stuff. Mamaw and Papaw are very kind to share and humor them.
Mamaw is putting her leg brace and special shoe on Charlie
Too funny!
True was so cute...he kept randomly giving Papaw hugs. It was so sweet and Papaw LOVED it!
Mamaw getting ready to let Ben have his turn with the leg brace and shoe.
...meanwhile Charlie took the wheelchair for a spin.
Mamaw getting some peaches for the boys.
Love these five and so blessed to have strong, faithful Christians for grandparents and great-grandparent's for our boys.
Hugs for Mamaw. Sweet boy, sweet Mamaw!
Beach Day Take 2 with Aunt Kate, Gam-Gam and Papa:
True branching out from underneath the umbrella and away from the food - win! Ben was having fun digging in the sand, so True joined him.
Papa keeping an eye on Charlie. Charlie did great, but with all the shark scares we didn't do boogie boards and I didn't want him too far out.
Ben's sand castle.
True eating and visiting with Aunt Kate and Gams
Ben and Charlie building castles
Fun day! Love those smiling faces and special memories!
Ben and Charlie "surfing," don't you just love how their arms are up.
Ben buried himself in the sand. He was pretty proud of himself.
My mom and dad live within walking distance of a 7-11, so we always have to do a slurpee run. While we were there I decided to introduce the boys to Twinkies...because who doesn't love Twinkies....well apparently my kids. All 3 of them didn't like them. I guess it's more nostalgic then good-tasting :) Now I know, and I kind of agree.
To celebrate Charlie and Ben's July birthday's my parent's took us to Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor. Dinner was good, Ice Cream was great. Thanks for a fun evening! Maybe next year True won't cry every time they play the drums and ring the bell for the birthdays :)
My mom and dad had been storing stuff from our weddings (bless them!) and they were ready to get it out of their garage. Fortunately our family friend lives in LA and she does wedding stuff so she took the boxes. The boys and I drove to her house Friday morning (Dave's flight was supposed to get in, but he was majorly delayed and ended up coming in later that afternoon at John Wayne Airport) to drop it off. She has two sweet boys. Here are my attempts at getting a picture with all 5 boys.
"It's too bright"
What is Ben doing?
Smile :) Oh well, this is real life.
It's always so good to see them, they are just the sweetest, neatest family!
Duck Pond
This is the duck pond my mom used to take us to, to feed the ducks. They have fixed it up and it was so neat to take my boys there. I knew it wasn't good for ducks to have bread so I googled what to feed ducks and I decided on thawed, frozen peas and grapes cut in half. The ducks gobbled them up and the boys thought it was so funny that they liked the same food as ducks.
"More ducks Momma"
"Boys if you fall in because you don't obey by staying away from the edge I will not go in and get you." They believed me, and I'm happy to report that no one fell in :)
That afternoon Dave finally made it in and we went to pick him up. Since we were so close to his grandparent's house we stopped by so he could hug their necks and visit. They were surprised and happy to see us all!
Papaw showing Dave and Charlie the engine in his new car.







































No comments:
Post a Comment