My two sister's in love planned a sanderson olympics for us all. We were all divided into teams. They made headbands for us with all our nicknames (my brother in law is famous for making nicknames for everyone).
Derf=Dave
Shells and Cheese = Me
Hustler = Charlie, how about that game face
Hook=Chase, Hustler=Charlie, and Slimbo=Cole
EdSI=Grandpops. Our first team challenge was to create our team flag. I was on team blue (jet BLUE, BLUE moon,...)
Here are the challenges
Opening ceremonies, and yes it was complete with music
After Grandpops took the torch the backyard and lit the fire pit we all put our hands on hearts and listened to the star spangled banner.
We quickly came inside to get dinner in the oven so we could do our first few strenuous challenges then come and eat.
Grandmops made homemade green corn tamales, and I made baked chimichangas
Kris had these for dessert...they were delish!
The first event was a relay.
yes that would be my brother in law riding his bike next to the runners to get pictures. I LOVE MY FAMILY!
Dave got the gold.
Next was swimming. Charlie didn't compete in this one, but for some reason this is the only picture I have.
There was archery
I felt like Katniss Everdeen and and ended up with the Gold.
My niece Quincy
Boxing...the kids loved this one
But this one, was my favorite! Oreo cookie face challenge. You have to move the oreo from your forehead to your mouth only using your face muscles. It was hilarious! Grandmops to the Gold.
Blah. My pics aren't in order but we also had the javelin throw with a wet pool noodle.
We also had basketball. We (and I mean they) played horse, but with Gold instead.
We all had a blast! I can't wait for more Sanderson Olympics in 4 years!!!
Closing Ceremonies













+Blue+Team.jpg)








No comments:
Post a Comment