Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day in The Neighborhood

Crazy Night, but Normal Day! 

Crazy night:  Charlie was up every two hours starting at 12.  He would go back down each time, until the 5am one he came into our room.  I was so tired from being up all night plus he told me he had poop on his leg...so I nudged Dave and told him it was his turn :)  Dave took Charlie back to bed and he did not have poop on his leg (I don't even know what to say to that other than thank you Lord!) he must have dreamed/dreampt (what is the proper way to say dream in the past tense???) it.  Then Ben woke up at 5:45 and was pretty much ready for the day.  I tried giving him milk, turning on his turtle (lullaby machine).  But every 30 minutes or so he would wake up.  After Dave was up at 7 and done getting ready for work he got both the boys up so I could sleep a little bit longer (Thank you Dave).

Normal day!  HOOORRRAAAAYYYY!!!  We had a lazy morning.  I made pancakes.  In fact, they were Mickey Mouse pancakes (fancy right...one big circle with two small circles for ears)  Charlie was excited when I showed him, he said, "Cool pancake mom, can you make me a Handy Manny one next?"  My reply (after laughing out loud), "I dont' think I can make a Handy Manny pancake buddy".  Then he said, "okay, how about a pumpkin?"  I told him I could handle a pumpkin and he was happy!  We were dressed and out the door around 10:30 to empty the trash and then we headed over to the clubhouse to ask a couple of questions and of course...get some cookies.  The boys were pretty happy today.  THEY TOOK AWESOME NAPS!!!  I even got an hour and half nap today (DOUBLE HOORAY!).  For dinner Dave was up to trying a restaurant so we went to Chuy's.  It was cheap and good.  we spent less than $15 and we were all stuffed!  The boys are in bed as I type this and the world is at peace :)  Here's to hoping our fun Austin, Texas adventure can start!


We did meet our neighbor today.  She was on her way out, but introduced herself and told us she was a professor.  She had to leave because she was running late for a class so we didn't get to chat much, but Charlie was happy to meet her.  Later this evening when we returned from Chuy's Charlie told Dave we met our neighbor.  I asked charlie if he remembered what her name was and he said "professor" I said well that is her job, but what is her name?  His reply, "Professor Von Drake"  Dave and just about fell over!  Professor Von Drake is from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!  HE KEEPS US LAUGHING!!!

Ben's words:  Dada, Momma, cracker, baby, bible, up, down, water, stinky, papa, joe-joe, brother, ba-ba for gam-gam, ball, and he has a word for banana that sounds like nana.  

He still signs please, more, food, and milk

Ben's sounds: choo-choo for the train, ding-dong for doorbell or whenever bible class is over :)

Animal sounds: snake, bird, horse, cow, sheep, dog, lion/tiger/bear (oh my!),

One of my favorites is when he wants to know where something is and he sticks his hand up by his face to ask the question of "Where is...?" It is the cutest!



He is also really good about understanding and following directions: He'll take Charlie his cup when I'm done filling it up, if I ask him where his socks and shoes are he'll go get them or at least look for them.  He's so smart :)  Tonight he helped buckle his carseat - he's getting so big - I love it and I can't stand it!

1 comment:

Marrs Family said...

Tell Ben to practice saying "Jenny" (or, as I have commonly been referred to by other children, "ninny").
Miss you guys!