It's Thursday, the day after our crummy wednesday and the last day of our first week in Austin. But things are starting to look up. Both the boys slept through the night last night (YAY!!), Ben woke up feeling like his normal little cuddley self, all the rest of us are healthy, and Ben popped a tooth through (that explains why he was getting up at night the last few nights-at least it's kind of worth it :) ).
Noteworthy from today:
1. The boys and I took our first walk to the grocery store. It is .3 miles away and a great way to get out, get a little exercise and let the boys see some new faces and walk around a bit.
2. We went to the clubhouse today for some fresh cookies (Charlie's favorite part about going to the clubhouse - he's in with the "cookie man")
3. Dave got home tonight and said we should go out for treats tonight. Now for those of you who don't know Dave this is a VERY RARE OCCURANCE so I jumped on it (casually of course..."If you think we should, then I would be ok with that :) ). We went to Marie Calendar's they were having a whole pie for $7.99 - now if you don't know Dave he loves a good deal :) It was delicious - double cream with blueberries. Yes Sir!
4. On the way home from Marie's we were listening to bluegrass and Charlie said he wanted to listen to white grass. Too funny! But the cherry on top was when Dave was "riding the horse" (a.k.a. slapping his leg and flapping his arms like he's really riding a horse) to the bluegrass music, and Charlie said, "I'm riding the chicken" Just about lost it in the car :)
It was a good day. Thank you God for this wonderful, beautiful day!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad things are going better. I hope the rest of your time there will be all fun and play. There is a German settlement not too far from Austin that is fun to see. Good food!!!
oh this is too funny! Glad things went better on Thursday, and hope you guys had a nice weekend!
Post a Comment