Monday, October 24, 2011

"Scratch That, Reverse It"

Well, things went from bad to worse! 

Friday (part of the bad...did you read my post from last week :) I walked a mile (while pushing both kids in the double stroller) to get to a "public park" only to get there and find out that it is on school grounds and cannot be accessed by the public until after school hours.  UGH!  I even called Austin's Park and Rec to make sure and they said it should be fine.  Friday night we went out to eat at Macaroni Grill, a Sanderson favorite and it was delish! 

Saturday (the worse) I woke up with the kids at 7 so Dave could sleep.  We planned to go to Zilker Park so the kids could ride the train, and then do some more exploring.  However, by 8:30 I was so incredibly nauseous that I couldn't go.  I got back in bed and slept almost all day.  Dave took the kids out so they could run around and play (AWESOME DAD AWARD) and I slept and layed down all day long (it was my only relief).  I at 2 crackers and a 1/2 glass of water all day.  I never threw up, but I wanted to.  Saturday night Charlie was up a few times and Dave took care of it.  Sunday morning I still felt horrible so Dave got up with Charlie when he came into our room and said he had spit up in his bed-he had thrown up.  He threw up again within 20 minutes.  I was of no use and Dave took care of it all (GOOD DADDY!).  Dave and Ben went to church that morning and Charlie stayed home with me.  After Charlie's 2 "Spit-ups" he was great the rest of the day and back to his normal Charlie self.  I, however, slept in bed until 11, while Charlie played in his room and the front room (with the tv on the whole time-bad mom).  But once I woke up at 11 I finally felt a little bit better.  I came out and sat with Charlie until Dave and Ben returned from Church.  Dave brought Subway home for lunch and I felt like I could stomach that and some Sprite.  The rest of the day I continued to improve and I was ever so grateful to be feeling better.

Monday morning 3am - Dave caught it!  He ended up staying home on Monday and worked from the apartment, so I had the car-woohoo!  The boys and I went to the grocery store, then to a park!  They had a blast!  It was good to get out, but I was still tired from being sick.  The rest of Monday I just tried to keep the boys busy and away from Dave while he was working (see below pics). 

 Halloween sneak peek - Charlie is going to be a cowboy.  He's actually saying, "I'm the cowboy!"
 Those eyelashes!
 Ben is an indian, and less than pleased about it.
 It's like Ben is looking at Charlie, and thinking, "He gets to be a cool Cowboy and I have to be an Indian wear fringe?"
 I LOVE THIS COSTUME-thanks Lauren for mailing it.  He can't stand the wig, but it really makes the costume.  I'll just need to have him wear it for a couple of minutes every day so he can get used to it.  (That's what worked for Charlie last year as Captain Hook)

Now that we all have had this stomach virus - hopefully we are in the clear!  Things can only get better, right? :)

While the boys and I were at the store I bought them each small pumpkin and Charlie was so excited to draw faces on them when Dave was done with work for the day.

No comments: