I had been almost 2 cm and completely effaced for three weeks so my doctor decided to induce me on Tuesday July 6th at 6am. However, on July 5th I decided I would do everything possible to get put myself into labor. My mom and dad had been in town for 2 weeks at that point helping out and waiting for Ben's arrival (I really thought he was going to come early), and they took Charlie out that morning so I could get some stuff done around the house. After they left I went out in my garden with a shovel and dug holes for four new plants and moved some other plants around to make room for the new plants for two and a half hours. Then I went on a two mile walk. That afternoon Charlie and I went to Aunt Kristen's house to swim. Then to top it off we had Chinese food for dinner - which gave me HORRIBLE heart burn. Lo and behold at 3am Tuesday morning I woke up with contractions. This was not an uncommon occurance, but they were kind of strong. I layed in bed for 25 minutes timing them and they were pretty consistent. So I decided I would get up and walk around the house to see it they would get stronger and closer together. Well by 3:45 I knew it was show time. I could not walk through the contraction and they were really strong. I woke up Dave and we got ourselves ready. My parents were staying with us, so I went in and told them we were leaving for the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 4:30am. I was 6/7 cm when we were all checked in. At about 5:50am my doctor arrived. At 6:10am Benjamin David Sanderson was born at 8 pounds 4 ounces and 22 inches long. It was a CRAZY fast delivery!

4:20 am right before we left for the hospital and in between contractions. Dave and I were joking about how I would brace the dining room table during a contraction then say, "ok take the picture" and be all happy and smiling :)

Here is our healthy boy


He loves to be swaddled

Charlie meeting Ben for the first time - so sweet!!

I know it's blurry but I just love this one

Here we are as a family of 4
Charlie loves holding his brother

Daddy and his boys
1 comment:
Love it! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your birth story; I always LOVE reading those. Can't believe it went so fast for you, but your body knew exactly what to do! Amazing! Take care, hope all's well with your family of 4!
Post a Comment