Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 2014 Part 2


 We had celebrated Ben's birthday at the beginning of the month, but his big present from everyone didn't arrive in time.  He was so good about waiting....




It was worth the wait.  My parent's and sisters and us all chipped in and bought him a motorized motorcycle...one happy boy!




 Ben was so kind, he even let his brothers have a turn on his motorcycle

 I love it when I see them all together, warms this mommy heart







 While Dave was on sabbatical I made some appointments for him.  One was to the dermatologist and the other was to the optometrist. We happen to be good friends and attend worship services with our optometrist.   Dave had NEVER been.  We made joint appointments.  His eyes were perfect, actually better than perfect and mine were very not perfect...I'm destined to wear glasses my whole life :)


 Bath Time!!  Lately, the boys have been taking showers because it's so much faster, less splashy and messy, and if it's before bed (which it usually is) I can get them to brush their teeth while there in the shower and it's a time and mess saver.  They were really excited to be taking a bath and a bubble bath at that :)

 Just rockin' out with the kid guitar :)


 Charlie received a superman birthday card from my parents.  It had this cutout Clark Kent mask.


 Yep, Charlie received a motorcycle too.
 There was a big race next to our house :)  


To celebrate Charlie's 6th birthday (wowzers!)  He wanted to play video games at the mini golf place.  Our Sanderson cousins joined us too.  Fun was had by all!















Afterwards we gathered at Ed and Kristen's house to eat some homemade chocolate cake!


 After eating cake the kids decided to come inside and play college.  :)





Charlie also received a scuba mask.  He loved it and I love looking at him with it on :)  Too cute and funny!



Dave scored free tickets to the state fair.  I've never been before so it was new for the kids and I.
 In the barn watching the animals get judged.





 Charlie milking a goat

 Lasso-ing


 Milking a "cow"



 Petting horses






 Guys on stilts...the boys were fascinated!


Tractor Pull



 True wanted to participate too!

 Here's Charlie, he did well.

 Ben walked up there like he owned the place :)

 He rocked the tractor pull, by winning it all.  So proud of this boy!




At the end of July we made a trip down to southern California to drop the kids off at my parent's house for a few days, while Dave and I got away to Carlsbad.  It was the first time we left True.  The kids were spoiled!  
 Off we go!
 We stopped off at the Rainbow Outlet and picked up some new flip flops.


 We stayed at the Beach Terrace Inn it was so nice and it was right on the beach, we highly recommend!  Dave surfed and I sat in a chair on the sand ALL day...it was awesome!

 I opened the umbrella when I was hot and closed it when I was cold-that is what I did ALL day:)  It was great!

No comments: