Friday, July 11, 2014

July 2014 Part 1

We left Lauren's house to visit Katy, Daniel and family in Nashville.

We went to a water park where the boys could play!
Ben, Teddy, Daniel, Charlie, True





 Cousin bathtime...Teddy and True weren't having it!







 Possibly one of my favorite pictures from our trip!  Love these cute boys!


 The Keller, Johnson and Sanderson kids!  It was such a fun night to be with the Keller's, such a sweet family and we so wish we lived closer to them!



My lovely and talented sister in law took some family photos for us at a REALLY cool park
 Dave and the boys


 Silly Charlie
 Handsome guy



 Sweet Ben
 Goofy boy
 Love those big brown eyes


 It started to rain (it only lasted a few minutes)
 Silly brothers!


 True
 I love his cleft chin and blue eyes!


 Here we are

 Yep...that's us :)




Me and my boys!


We also visited the Nashville Parthenon and the Picker's store Antique Archaeology...both were very interesting :)  We had a fun visit with Katy and Daniel and their cute, sweet kids.  Looking forward to when we get to see them all again.
 True and Teddy enjoying their ride

The Parthenon


 Antique Archaeology
 A store ledger that had purchases by Devil Anse Hatfield



We flew back home without any problems - hooray!  We had a day or two to get settled, then Lauren's family and my mom and dad came for a visit.
 The kids visited Folsom Prison.  My sister's facebook caption was the best: "Some families take kids to Disneyland and some families take kids to see prisons. "See this, kids? YOU NEVER WANT TO GO HERE" My favorite part was when I asked each kid what they thought the prisoners were doing in there. The overwhelmingly popular answer was "being sad and crying" - I think they got the point."

By Jenny's house there is a trail and on that trail are a ton of blackberry bushes free to pick.  So here are all the kids picking blackberries!  They filled their baggies :)

With everyone in town we celebrated Ben's birthday.  I can't believe he's 4.  Ben is the sweetest, goofiest, kindest, most considerate little boy.  I love him!

 A new cowboy pistol

 I love his faces!
 Priceless!


 Maggie's picture card for Ben.  Ben is batman...no really :)
 Delaney's picture card for Ben...again a picture of Ben.
 Trampoline time.
 Lots of backyard playing!




We all headed up to the Sierra's for a camping trip.  It was Ben and Truman's first time.  We went for 2 nights...I figured I could handle just about anything for 2 nights :)  Everything went really well.  Our nights were rough because it was unusually cold, but the kids had a great time during the day!
 Fishing!

 Dave giving the boys a lesson


 They are trying their best, but fishing requires patience - one big reason why I don't like to fish :)


 You do, what you gotta do :)  Oh a life with all boys :)


 Getting warm in the sun
 Enjoying a few quiet minutes while the boys were fishing.  True stayed back with my mom...I was not ready to watch him around these cold streams.



 Dinner time!  True was filthy, but he was happy




 Go fish was a favorite game among everyone.


Here the kids are searching for scorpions.  Again, who does this?  They use a black light and walk around once the sun is completely down.  The scorpions apparently glow and then they stick them in the fire.  Pretty awesome for 5 little boys.


 On our way to Lake Wobegon to fish

 True taking it all in...love those chubby feet in his sandals.
 Dave and Charlie rowed out to the dock, while Ben, True and I watched from the shore.


 True and I

 Charlie caught himself his first fish...he was so proud!


 Benny couldn't wait to touch it 
 He was so excited!

 Letting it go so it could get a little bit bigger.
Naptime!


 The kids had a blast playing on the hillside and at Tremor Rock
 The tire swing was also a popular spot


 More go fish

 Lots of cooking and good food


 Coloring was another quiet time activity



 After naptime/quiet time it was music time...one of my favorite times.


 True was determined to master walking up and down these steps without any help.  He was so close to reaching his goal.
 Happy, dirty boys!


 S'more time


 Breakfast!





Our last excursion before we left was shooting...MY FAVORITE!!!
 Here's Maggie shooting
 Rex shooting
 The kids occupying themselves until it's their turn


 Delaney shooting

 Joe shooting

 Tyson shooting


  Charlie shooting



 Ben shooting... he wasn't too sure


 My turn.  I prefer a pistol because these rifles are HEAVY after a few shots.  I still had a good time though!



Such a fun trip.  So thankful for parent's and grandparents to make special memories for our kids.

No comments: