So now that the boys are older I like to recap the previous year and document what their goals are for the upcoming year. Here's what they said-keep in mind I don't prompt them at all:
Clash of Clans is a game we all play on our phones. The kids use mine and Dave's old phones to play.
He is seriously the sweetest kid!
Again, I did no prompting this is what True said.
We also sat down as a family and wrote down our goals as a family. Our main changes from last year were to really work on talking more encouragingly and lovingly to each other and others, to find ways to serve others more and to read 2 chapters instead of 1 chapter every night from the bible.
This day...oh this day was stressful! Charlie forgot something at school and we had to go back in the pouring rain to get it. When we got back to the van I noticed a hissing sound. When we pulled into the garage I still heard a hissing sound and figured the back tire on the driver's side had a hole. Fortunately Dave was home and in a meeting on the phone. I went in and told him what was going on and he told me to drive it to the tire company. I left Charlie and Ben with him and took Truman with me. It was still pouring rain and I was hoping and praying the whole 10 minute drive that we'd make it to the tire company before the tire got too low. About 5 minutes into the drive my low tire pressure light came on. I was so nervous. Thankfully we pulled into a parking spot and when I got out of the van to get to Truman the hubcap was standing on the side of the tire. We barely made it, but we made it....THANK YOU GOD! It was going to be a little while for it to get changed and I ended up getting new tires on the car because the tires were in bad shape. Luckily there's a Home Depot close by so we walked the aisles there and then we headed over to Chick-fil-A for dinner. It was fun just having True with me and he was so cute and good the whole time! What could have been a very crabby, impatient situation turned into a wonderful one because we took advantage of spending quality time together. I'm so thankful for these times when I remember to step back and focus on the good and cherish these precious moments with my son.
Charlie was busted this day. He took a bunch of clean laundry that had "fallen" off the shelves in their closet and put them back in the laundry basket. Rather than yelling, I simply told him he would get to rewash all the clothes. So with my instructions he did a whole load of laundry including folding and putting away all on his own. LESSON LEARNED. Although I tell you, I think he enjoyed it :)




No comments:
Post a Comment