Friday, May 1, 2015

April 2015 Part 1

During spring break this year we took the kids to the air museum.  It was very fun and the kids had a great time.
 
 Watching a video on parachuting out of a plane.



 Taking turns in the little airplane.






 Ben's facial expressions kill me.  This kid!




 They had a whole section of the museum set up with demonstrations and experiments.  We spent the majority of our time here.  I think Dave and Charlie are building an arched bridge here.



 Truman thinks he's five and can do everything his brothers do. :)



 Ben is experimenting with magnets.


 Outside they have quite a few airplanes on display.  Some of them you can even go inside.  We went inside of a FedEx plane.  It was crazy how big those planes are on the inside!



Right next door to the museum there is a neat park with this rocket ship play ground.  It was really busy, but the boys had fun for twenty minutes playing.

We also went to visit Grandmops at the Jelly Belly Factory during spring break.  This was a definite high-light for the kids.  They ate a TON of candy.  The tour was entertaining and getting to see the Easter bunny was memorable.

Not our best picture.  Truman was not too sure about the Easter bunny.  We were going to just have the boys, but True wouldn't go near the bunny. 
 
I can't believe I forgot to get a picture with Mops at her desk.  Next time for sure!
 

Easter Eve:
 Truman planting his jelly bean the night before Easter.
 Charlie plating his jelly bean the night before Easter.



Easter Morning:
 Well, it worked again!  We planted jelly beans and this morning there were marshmallow lollipops.

The boys love this tradition!

 Truman enjoyed his buttered toast as much as his marshmallow bunny.


 Easter baskets.  Each of the boys received a new Lowe's bucket for filling up water guns, splashing in, carrying dirt/rocks, and for a carwash for their matchbox cars.  

 Ben's face again! ha!
 Truman showing a tired daddy his marshmallow rabbit.
The boys all received new books and new pjs.  Charlie didn't waste any time.  He was excited about the Chronicles of Narnia.
 
 
 Here's our yearly picture at Mops and Pops

It was raining this year so the kids had an Easter egg hunt in the house.


 Look at all those kiddos!


 Dave and his boys
 Here we are...happy Easter! :)
Truman with his basket from Mops and Pops.
 
 
 
 
 I caught him reading his book while waiting to do something.  Love that he loves reading!
 
 
 I was feeling adventurous this spring break day and let the boys do some painting.  They loved it!
 
 They painted pictures, then we molded dinosaurs and they painted the dinosaurs.  It was very successful :)
 
 
 
 Benny and I planted all our seeds for our vegetable garden this year.  For his school work that day he wrote out all the plant markers for the garden.  I think he did really well!  I love his writing!
 
 
 
 
 
Well, we had our first (and hopefully our last) ER visit for an injury.  Charlie was spinning around in the great room.  It really was not super fast and he seemed very much in control.  I was watching him the entire time.  Then out of no where he ran into the corner molding on the shelves/entertainment center in the great room.  He immediately started screaming.  I jumped up to get him to the sunroom because True was still napping, but when I picked helped him up there was blood ALL OVER my hand.  I immediately took him to the kitchen and grabbed a red dish towel (so he couldn't see all the blood) and put it on his face.  I wetted it down and held it on his face some more.  But when I took the towel away it still so bloody and all I could see was the white tissue in his cheek.  After about a minute I decided we needed to go to the ER.  By this time Truman is crying in his room and Ben is crying because Charlie is hurt (bless his heart).  I tried calling Dave at work, no answer.  I tried called Jenny, no answer.  I tried calling Dave's cell phone, he picked up, "What's up?"  "Well, I think you need to meet us at the ER, Charlie split open his cheek."  He met us there and took Charlie in while I took Ben and Truman home.  After about 3 hours, and 5 stitches later he was set.  The doctor told him he was her bravest patient of the day.  He didn't cry at all and was a real champ.  This happened on a Monday.  I took him that Friday to get the stitches removed from our pediatrician.  He again was very brave and didn't cry.  The ER doctor and pediatrician have really stressed that keeping it covered and out of the sun and applying mederma will help immensely with the scar.  So we've been very diligent about obeying the doctor's orders.  Charlie will just have to get used to a bandaid tan this summer :)
 
 

No comments: