Funny Charlie Story:
1/27/15
After Charlie had a bad dream he came into our room and crawled in bed with us. After a few minutes Dave started to get up to take him back to his bed when Charlie said, "Dad, there's no way I'm getting back in my bed right now."
Here's True in the Valentine shirt all the boys have worn. Happy Valentine's Day!
Love it when the May's visit. Here are the boys eating breakfast.
Whelp...that's ALL the pictures I took in February...terrible!
March!
On March 1st Charlie, Ben, True, and I were all walking out of Raley's to the van and Charlie was clicking his tongue. It was starting to annoy me and I asked him to please stop and asked him what was he doing? His response, "Mom, I'm just echo locating."
A couple of hours after echo locating I asked Charlie what he learned in Bible class that morning. "The Aboam's". Me, "You mean Rehoboam?" Charlie, "No, you know the 'Aboams' - Rehoboam and Jeroboam."
On March 4th True and Charlie were playing and True babbled something that sounded like "el bubba." Charlie said, "I'm not el bubba, I'm el hermano."
Spring has sprung! We had our ladder out by the plum tree because we did some trimming. Unfortunately we weren't very good about putting it away. It sat outside for a couple of weeks. When I was giving one of the kids piano lessons Charlie and Delaney came rushing in and exclaiming that there was a nest and an egg on top of the ladder. So I ran out there and checked it out. Here it is:
Isn't that a beautiful picture! Love the blooming tree and the egg really did look pink. So we decided it was a girl. Charlie liked the name Izzy and Delaney liked the name Bella so I suggested Isabella then everyone would be happy :)
This boy turned 2! How is it that this sweet, snuggly little moose is 2?
Opening presents.
He's saying "Wow" his expressions were so similar to Charlie's 2nd birthday!
Here he is on his big boy bike. He was so happy!
Eating banana cake - so good! Thanks Gam-Gam for making it!
Papa showing him how to shoot a balloon.
We celebrated Rachel's 1st birthday. Can't believe that girl is 1 either!
Uncle Kody wrestling Ben and True.
Delaney, Charlie, Joe and Ben eating ice cream on the hay stack.
True can't believe I let him have his own. He was a mess at the end, but boy did he enjoy it!
Baseball season began! Charlie is on the Rangers again with the same coach and many of the same players. It's going to be a great season!
Look at that form!
True using his new bubble gun from his birthday. It was a big hit! Thanks Aunt Jenny and Aunt Kate!
So we had a rare and very cool opportunity. We attended an in house concert for the band "Grace and Tony" They are from Nashville and really great! They pride themselves in being story tellers and their style is Punkgrass. They are an amazing blend of punk and bluegrass. If you want to check them out go to www.graceandtonymusic.com and they are on Spotify. We have been listening to them ALL the time since hearing them and the kids all love it too. It's clean and fun and I guarantee you'll want to listen to them over and over.
The best part about this in house concert was that they are really good friends with some friends from church and since quite a few people attended this concert the friends thought it would be helpful if they could borrow Dave's sound stuff (I'm sure there is a more technical term, but...). He was happy to oblige and it was really fun for him to work with Grace and Tony.
Here they are before the concert doing a sound check.
Firming everything up.
Performing
Charlie's school performance! The teachers asked all the first graders to dress up from a different culture or country. Fortunately Dave purchased some Malaysian jammies for the boys a couple of years ago on one of his visits for doing kung-fu in (of course :) ).
He's in the blue, right in the front middle.
He sang and looked happy the whole time. Dave and I were so impressed with how well he performed.
Spring Break:
Hello break...I'm so happy to see you! Dave took the week off and I started it out with trimming the bushes in the front yard. The bushes were looking like trees!
I did the first hour and half by myself then everyone came out and helped.
Charlie even helped with the bush wacker. Love having boys who love to work outside!
On Tuesday we took a trip to visit Grandmops at the Jelly Belly Factory. I love this picture with the Easter Bunny, but I could kick myself for not getting a picture with Grandmops! Grandpops joined us too for the tour and lunch. It was a really fun morning and afternoon! The boys enjoyed the tour and of course all the candy!











No comments:
Post a Comment