Friday, December 20, 2013

December 2013

  
 For the month of November the kids wrote out one thing they were thankful for every day.  Here's our little tree in the entryway. 
 
Here's what Charlie was thankful for by the end of the month (in random order):
Pancakes, Toys, Mom, Sun, Santa, Thanksgiving, Pepsi, Ben, dad, Toilet paper, Calendar, True, Doug, Juice, My family, planes, My cool car, Trees, Aunt jenny, Sprite, God, Paper, House, food, Mrs. Hardy, Treats, me, House, Lollipops, Food
 

Here's what Ben was thankful for by the end of the month (in random order):
Playing, Charlie, Mimi’s, Dad, Watch tv, Juice, Maggie, Milk, Water, Joe, True, Wipes, Laney, Cups, Mommy, Bike rides, Lemonade, Park, Our house, Bandaids, Gam and papa, Plates, Jesus, Daddy, Bananas, Leaves, Grandmops and pops, Coloring, Boats, Aunt jenny

 
I've just been itching like crazy to get our house to be a home and to make it my our own.  So, I finally drew up plans for shelves in the great room.  My amazingly talented friend, April, offered to help me install them.  First, I painted the  whole inside of the "cubbies" white to match our baseboards and the existing cabinets, then I purchased fabric for the back wall of the shelves (thank you fabric.com).  I cut the fabric to the right length, hemmed it all up, and tacked it up.  Then I went to Home Depot and purchased mdf for the shelves and wood for the furring strips and moulding.  I painted everything and tried to have as much of the wood pre-cut as I could so when April came by we could install. 
 After our first 5 hour stretch we had nail gunned the fabric to the wall, and cut and nailed all the furring strips level in the sides of the cubbies.
 
 After an 8 our stretch (thanks kids for being so great!) it was completed!  I LOVE IT!  It really transformed the room and made that space so much for usable. 
 
 
 
 Look at this big boy.  9 months old and still as sweet as can be.  He's crawling everywhere now and can't wait to do what his brothers are doing.  He's still very loving and cuddly, but I'm still waiting (kind of patiently) for him to sleep through the night.  At least we have goals, right?
 

He finally mastered the walker too!

 
Love my squishy little reindeer
 
 
 
 
This is a picture of grandpops (Dave's dad) and I can definitely see a little resemblance with Ed and True...although if you saw my nephew Teddy (Katy's , Dave's sister, son) you'd see he's almost a dead ringer for looking like grandpops :)
 

 
 Here are our holiday party pictures this year :)
 
 
 
 
 
This was our first year attending Intel's family holiday party.
 Santa flew in on his sleigh with 2 of his reindeer just for the occasion.  The kids fed them graham crackers...who would have though reindeer like graham crackers :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Our silly little elves

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 1 bashful little snowman
 1 abominable snowman
 and 1 precious little snowman
 
 
We also met Santa. 
 
 
 
 Charlie had decided (finally) what he was going to ask Santa and he insisted that we print up a picture so he could show him. 
 Ben was in shock.  He asked Santa for a pirate ship this year.  Poor guy was a little disappointed he didn't get his pirate ship right after his visit. 
 True rolled with the punches, he's such a good little guy
 
 
 
Here's our tree, we're not going to be here for Christmas, but I still wanted it up.  Excuse the tools in the back corner, we were finishing up some final details on the shelves :)

No comments: