Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 2013

We had a rough end to December!  Charlie caught the stomach flu, then a few days later Ben caught the stomach flu, then a few days after that Dave caught the stomach flu...somehow (i.e. washing my hands until they were rashy and changing my clothes multiple times a day just for good measure) I missed that one.  We did discover that a plastic cup works AWESOME for catching throw-up; it doesn't splatter, it covers mouth and nose and the best part you don't have to wash it out, just dump it down the sink and throw it out!  Even Ben could grab his cup and throw up in it and he's only 2.5..  I didn't clean up much puke fortunately because of the cup trick.  Thank you Michelle Dugger for the cup trick!  Then Charlie got croup, then 5 days later Ben got croup.  I was pretty happy to see December end and here's to hoping that i'st all the sickness we get for a long time!!!!  I've never done so much laundry in all my life.  Poppy and my parents all left early because it was running rampant.  My house on the other hand hasn't been this clean in a long time!
 
 
 
 This is Dave and I at the Intel Masquerade Ball.  Man do I look about ready to pop!  2.5 months to go!
 
 
 
 
 Dave was gone on a trip so I decided to try glowsticks in the bathtub.  It was ok.  You definitely need more than 4.  If there were 20ish it would be very cool!
 
 
 
 
 Because of all the sickness we never got around to making the gingerbread train Papa and Gams bought us.  It was a tasty treat on a cold, rainy day.
 
 
 
 This is Charlie's checklist/chore sheet he made all by himself.  I didn't even know he knew what a checklist was.  He just came out and explained to me how he drew a toothbrush to brush his teeth, his bed to make his bed, and himself to get himself dressed and ready for the day.  SMART BOY!!!  I love how he checked everything off too.
 
 
 
 
 Here is Charlie's made bed.  He does a great job!
 
 
 
 
 This particular morning he not only did his normal brush teeth, make bed, get ready, but he also cleaned the bathroom for me.  He got the hand towel wet and wiped down everything from the mirrors ( you can see they're a little smeary) to the counter, sinks, tub, showers, and floors.  I'm just glad he didn't do the toilet :)   He is such a good helper, and I do appreciate his help and thoughtfulness.
 
 
 
 On this particular morning the boys started moving the chairs around and bringing in the stools from the sunroom.  When I asked Charlie what they were doing he said very enthusiastically, "We're building a church Momma!" 
 
 

 
 They asked me to have a seat on one of the chairs and they proceeded to hold worship service.
 Benny led singing, and said a prayer.
 
 
 Charlie gave us the lesson.  Which you can see from his drawing from bible class he taught us Jonah.  He told me it was like Poppy Posey's at the church building.  (The large screen with the powerpoint presentation on it)  I love his imagination and his ingenuity! 
 
 
 
 After this they got out some bowls and we had the Lord's Supper and we offered some money.  They had everything taken care of.  I love this age!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 One of my favorite pics!  Charlie helping Ben with his hair.  Such a good big brother.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I'm getting pretty tired and not sleeping very well at night.  I usually make it until 3:30 or 4 and then can't fall back asleep until 6/6:30.  So before I go to bed I get the boys orange juice in their sippy cups and  two small cups of milk ready to pour in their cereal in the morning in the fridge.  I also have 2 bowls with cereal on the table ready for them when they wake up.  This system bought me anywhere from 20-40 minutes of extra sleep.  TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!
 
 
 
 
 Charlie helping me vacuum.  Charlie has been really helpful this month!  I usually let him vacuum for a couple of minutes then I take over.  Someday all these little practice sessions will turn into him doing a whole room and that will be great for me and someday hopefully great for his wife :)  As you can see Benny supports Charlie's vacuuming by playing pirates....gotta love boys!
 
 
Cute boy!

No comments: