Well, we're settled in and things are mostly back to normal. Dave is working a lot, so the boys and I decided to have a "We Appreciate You" party. The boys colored pictures, I made a sign, and we made Dave's favorite cake, funfetti. It was fun explaining to Charlie how we need to tell daddy we appreciate how much he does for our family. When Dave walked in the door Charlie went right up to him gave him a hug and said, "we appreciate you daddy" I hope to do this every once in a while and I think Dave enjoyed his "party"
Charlie's current favorite thing to draw...a door. He figured out that it was a rectangle with a circle and now he loves to draw them all the time. Ben drew a picture for Dave too (bottom right).
"Hands Down...You're the BEST DAD!" Then I traced the kids hands and lower arms (idea from pinterest)
I asked the boys some questions about Dave. LOVE.
...and Charlie's favorite part the cake!
It was a fun evening and I hope Charlie (and Ben) learned that God has blessed us with a hardworking Daddy and it's important to say thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment