Thursday, February 16, 2012

Papa & Gam-Gam's

Dave needed to make  a trip to Malaysia so the boys and I flew to my parent's house.  Papa picked us up and within being at their house for 5 minutes Charlie had changed out of his long sleeves and pants and into shorts and a t-shirt.  Both the boys then went outside and played in the dirt for over an hour.  They were so happy to be outside! 

They had no clue I was even taking their picture.  They loved playing in the dirt and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have something like this for them at our house this summer.  They had a blast!



Charlie helped Katelyn wash her car.  I guess his shorts got wet and he decided to just take them off :)_ 


"Nice undies"

On a side note, but a very exciting note - Katelyn is engaged so we got to do some fun wedding stuff while we were there too.  Can't wait for the wedding in June and the shower in April!!!



Playing in the dirt was a daily event, unless it was rainy or the dirt was wet.







Playing baseball with Papa.  Benny was the ball boy :)


 So cute!




 Rocking in the kid chairs.





 Riding my old horse Clip-Clop who Charlie renamed James.





 We read Stuart Little and watched Stuart Little 2 (Thanks Aunt Jenny) during our first stay in TX and ever since we read/watched it Charlie has asked to make a model airplane.  So we went out to Michaels and found a couple of different ones.  We found a snap and click one (in the pictures), but Charlie couldn't do much.  I bought another one that was wooden that had to be put together and painted.  He still needed help, but he was able to do so much more with it.






 The first day he didn't want to get on Clip-Clop, but after a couple of days he was ready to ride!  So cute!  I can't believe I have these two little boys riding my horse.




 Picnic in the backyard



We had a great time at Papa and Gam-Gam's.  The boys have slept through the night once in the last month in Texas (thanks upstairs neighbor who's up walking around all night) , but they slept GREAT at my parent's house.  I think we only had two night's where the kids were up and one of those nights Ben was sick puking.  I picked up Dave from LAX on Friday and we flew back to TX for our last month on Saturday.  Looking foward to this last month and then heading home.



No comments: