Oh our Charlie boy! He is two and a half (although if you ask him he usually says 4) and such a joy. He is a good big brother to Ben and a good little boy too. Twice a week he and I have "school" on our "magic carpet" and it amazes me how smart he is. We've been doing it since the beginning of January and we have been working on our lowercase letters, opposites, sitting still criss-cross-applesauce, learning bible verses, and some of the books of the Bible. The two verses he knows so far are, "Kind words are like honey, sweet to the soul, and strength to the bones" Prov. 16:24 and "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spriit dries the bones" Prov 17:22. They have been great verses for reminding us both to talk nicely and to have a joyful heart.
Let's see, some other funny things Charlie has said lately....Well, he loves the book We're Going on A Bear Hunt and now he thinks bears live in his room. It is basically his way of saying he's afraid of the dark (he's his mother through and through). We were talking to Mamaw and Papaw Sanderson a couple of weeks ago and he was telling Mamaw about the bears. Mamaw's response was, "Well, Charlie that is silly because bears live in the woods" She is a genius!!! So now that is what I say everytime he talkes about bears in his room. It really has helped calm him down.
Ben had been fighting a cold last week and was pretty fussy. One morning Charlie went up to pat Ben's shoulder while he was crying (I was suctioning out his nose-I'd cy too) and he said, "It's ok God loves you, God loves you." It was so precious! . Then that night when I was in the middle of making dinner Ben was crying again and was wanting to be held. Finally Charlie came up to him and said, "You're just fakin', are you fakin'" It was so funny!
These first pictures are some I took just a few days ago. Charlie wanted to be a conducter. I had the overalls (Thanks gam-gam) and Dave wore the hat at the holiday party 2006 (Polar Express see below :) ) a few years ago. I think they turned out pretty cute, and I couldn't just pick one :)

2 comments:
Darling blog. Charlie is a precious little guy. He has great parents.
Hi Michelle! I see you ;) Great photo's!
Post a Comment